Nashville real estate – 1477 Nashville homes sold during January of 2014, an increase of 7.6% over the previous January. 199 Nashville condos sold during the month, an increase of 14.3%. Prices are still on the rise with the median sales price of homes up to $195,000 a very healthy increase of 16.7% compared to January of 2013. The current inventory level of Nashville homes is 9% less than it was 12 months ago, enabling sellers to increase prices.
- 1447 single family homes sold during the month compared to 1334 last January an increase of 7.6%
- the median sales price for homes sold was $195,000 compared to $167,000 last year
- 8534 homes are currently listed in the Nashville MLS as available for purchase, down 9% from last year
- 1979 homes are currently pending sale
- the absorption rate of Nashville homes based on January sales is 6 months
- 199 Nashville condos sold during Janaury an increase of 16.7%
- the median price of condos sold was $165,00 an increase of 10% of the $150,000 last year
Nashville real estate is still in a sellers market and I think it will continue in that mode until interest rates become high enough to discourage buyers. Right now it seems like that will not be in the immediate future. Builders are active, and according to the latest reports, most of the building is going on in Williamson county, Davidson county, and Rutherford county in that order.
Search for Nashville real estate here