Sell Your Nashville Home in 31 Days - The average days on market for sold homes in the Greater Nashville area is 73 days, that's more than 2 months, what can be done to get it sold fast? My record this year is 17 days from listing to closing and possession, so this does happen.
- The most important thing to get right the very first day is the price. Everybody wants to price their home high then come down if it doesn't sell. I'm sorry, but that's just wrong for getting the most out of you home. Your house needs to be priced like you want to sell it now, not next month. Some people interview several agents, then pick the one who says they can get the most for the home. This is a sure way to prevent the sale of your home. Be smart, pick an honest realtor who gives you their opinion, not just what you want to hear.
- The next thing to consider is condition. What you are attempting to do is give the potential buyers the feeling that you take care of the home, and they wouldn't have to do anything when they move in. Keep the house clean at all times.
- Repair anything that needs to be fixed or painted before you put it on the market. The first person in the door my be the right buyer, but if they get the wrong impression, you will not get a second chance.
- Pets smell, at least to some people, get them out of the house.
- Have the home ready to view at all times. You never know when the buyer of your dreams is driving by with a realtor. Don't make them come back later, they might find something else.
- Box up things that you don't need, it will get rid of clutter, and give potential buyers the impression that you are ready to move.
- Keep the front yard and doorway looking neat. This is the first thing people see, and it needs to be positive.
- Makes sure quality pictures are taken and put on the MLS immediately. A lot of homes are passed over because they don't have pictures, don't let it happen to you.
If you do all of these things, your home should sell quickly in any market. Listen to your realtor, make sure they are looking out for your best interest, but take advantage of their experience. If you don't already have an experienced realtor, call Larry Brewer, 615-512-7853.Let me sell your Nashville home.